Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 1: $3.70

Pomegranate Greek Style Yogurt (0.44)
Pomegranate Greek Style Yogurt (0.44)
Fresh Asparagus Bisque (0.68)
Newman's Own Organic Chocolate Alphabet Cookies (0.25)
Hummus with Baby Carrots (0.36)
Spinach Salad with Morningstar Chick'n Strips (1.03)
Organic Cranberry Juice (0.25)
Pineapple (0.25)

This is a really good list of nutritious foods for under $2 but I would suggest dry beans instead of canned (for one-third of the cost) and making your own marinara sauce from tomato paste (for one-half to one-third of the cost).

Steve wanted to play bar trivia tonight so I went out with some friends and for the first time that I can remember, I didn't order anything or tip the bartender for the two waters I got (although once I got home I thought maybe I should have). But he wasn't concerned with providing good service so I don't feel so bad that I forgot.

I had to stay up for an hour and a half past my bedtime to cook my Mexican beans since I wanted to have them for lunch tomorrow but I wouldn't have had to do that if I hadn't gone out tonight. Or, I could have yogurt again for lunch tomorrow if I didn't want to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment